Aluminum Extrusion Die Manufacturing
An Aluminum Extrusion Die is a solid or hollow metal that we customize according to your requirements. It can include stamping or cutting aluminum extrusion shapes, embossing, drawing wires, pressing, and more. This method of manufacturing helps us produce both simple and complex shapes and pass those through a variety of specialized processes. The dies we use are made of a uniquely hardened steel often called “tool steel”.
Our facility is equipped with the latest in CAD/CAM software and technology. With the help of our experienced technical team, we’re able to produce all our dies in-house which allows for flexible delivery times and ample time for required modifications. ERD Metal also colalborates with leading local and international sources to ensure our dies of the highest quality for our customers.
Components of an Aluminum Extrusion Die
There are several components of stamping dies that we incorporate into our manufacturing process to ensure they are up to standard. These include:
- Die Sets, Plates, and Shoes
- Bushings and Guide Pins
- Heel Plates and Blocks
- Screws, Keys, and Dowels
- Spools, Keepers, and Shoulder Bolts
- A Retainer
There are also various types of aluminum extrusion dies that can be customized according to specific requirements. Knowing what type you need depends on the specific aluminum extrusion shapes, tolerance, and accuracy you require.
Types of aluminum extrusion die include:
- Simple: One operation can be fulfilled by only one stroke
- Combination: For multiple forms and cutting operations with one stroke for deep drawing, blanking, punching, and bending
- Compound: For multiple operations with one stroke
- Progressive: Can perform multiple cutting operations with one stroke, but blanking would be the last operation due to the progression of punch sheets and stages
- Transfer: Can perform multiple cutting operations with one stroke, but blanking would be the first operation
- Multiple: Various dies are attached in parallel to produce more components
We personalize these aluminum extrusion dies according to the needs of our customers so they can get the aluminum extrusion shapes they need for specific operations.
Need an aluminum extrusion die?